Karen Lopez McWilliams has been an award-winning entrepreneur for 25 years in the great state of Texas. Eighteen months ago, she was challenged by her life coach to do something outside of her comfort zone, which gave way to writing the book titled The Ones Who Believed. This book is now inspiring a global movement for people to thank the ones who believed in them as well as to live intentionally and pass on the legacy of the human spirit.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- 99 Designs – Karen’s business resource
- Shorten the Gap – Karen’s top Business Book
- The Ones Who Believed – Karen’s Book
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- All of us play an important role in life.
- Take a moment to press pause – give yourself a break.
- Mentoring doesn’t have to be formal – it can start from a personal relationship.
- eVoice: See how eVoice can help you connect with your prospects, partners, and customers quickly and easily! eVoice is offering Fire Nation an extended, 60 day free trial – just visit eVoice.com and use promo code FIRE!
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:19] – Karen has been married for 28 years
- [01:32] – Karen calls her book a midlife passion project
- [02:45] – Value Bomb Drop: The roles we play in life are critically important.
- [05:23] – The role that we live is important
- [06:10]: – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? Mentoring doesn’t have to be formal. Mentoring can start in personal relationships
- [07:39] – The traditional kind of mentoring and the Ripple Effect
- [08:50] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Coming to grips with the reality that technology was her Achilles Heel
- [11:03] – Always be branding
- [11:39] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Karen asked her dad who influenced his life, and in that moment she saw her dad’s face relax and go to another time. The same thing happened when she asked a friend
- [14:21] – Hit the pause button to remember the people who influenced you
- [15:16] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? My book The Ones Who Believed
- [16:09] – Stories are a light switch to action
- [16:37] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Fear of failing
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – To be mindful of your own thoughts
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Mental and physical well being
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – 99 Designs
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Shorten the Gap
- [19:01] – “When I give the best of me, that becomes my legacy.”
- [19:30] – Get a sneak peek of two stories in Karen’s book!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!