Krystal is a branding, PR and influence expert who has helped hundreds of Women build expert brands that get them more opportunities to make an impact in the world and finally get paid what they’re worth. She’s also an author and keynote speaker who loves helping people stand out.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Teachable – Krystal’s business resource
- The Myth of Stress– Krystal’s top Business Book
- Krystal’s website
- The Women of Denver – A networking group founded by Krsytal
- Self Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- It’s extremely important to have a vision in life.
- You don’t have to be a “big person” to become successful.
- Learn to accept your mistakes and move forward from there.
- Billy Gene is Marketing: If you’re a marketer focused on helping local businesses, then check out this free training from my friend Billy Gene, where he’s going to show you the best performing Facebook and Instagram ads that get results!
- Braintree: Looking for an easier way to accept payments from your customers? Braintree lets you accept all forms of payment in over one hundred and thirty currencies!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 00:59 – Krystal is practicing her first TED talk
- [01:55] – Value Bomb Drop: Act as if you’re worth it and just make sure you have a vision for what you want in your life
- [03:31] – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? I believed you had to have a ton of education to get somewhere, to be successful
- [04:26] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Krystal bought information from a wig supplier and listed the wig on Ebay. Her dad invested $1,000 and she doubled it and did well for a while, but the game was ending, and before she knew it she was broke!
- [07:07] – Always keep overhead low
- [07:29] – Be wise as you’re experimenting and accept your mistakes
- 08:28 – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Krystal moved to Denver to rebuild from scratch. She took $50 and started her own networking group including The Women of Denver
- [10:33] – Be that change you want to see in the world
- [11:27] – You can self promote and get seen even if you’re not that ‘big’
- 11:40 – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Krystal is building her first online course on teachable.com
- [12:21] – The future is you, taking your expertise and packaging it into a course
- [12:52] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Going bankrupt the first time
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Someone’s going to lead, why not you
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Pounding the pavement
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Teachable
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Myth of Stress
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – I’d launch another networking group and create new ways to serve and make an income with the $500.
- [15:05] – You deserve to be seen, heard and known
- 15:15 – Connect with Krystal on her website
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!