Rocky Turner is a current member of The National Syndicated Rickey Smiley Morning Radio Show, which airs in 80 Markets. You can see him daily on the #1 Ranked TV Show “DISH NATION”. His ROCKTEEN initiative is a youth mentoring program whose mission is to motivate youth to start living a #RockTeenLifestyle – one that promotes Academic Achievement, Character Development & Positive life choices.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Dream Job Freedom and EOFire – Rocky’s small business resources
- Motivation Manifesto – Rocky’s top Business Book
- Catch Rocky on his Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- We all have choices in life – just make the right one.
- Don’t let anybody set your limits – you set your own.
- Do the work, do the grind, even if it’s hard.
- Billy Gene is Marketing: If you’re a marketer focused on helping local businesses, then check out this free training from my friend Billy Gene, where he’s going to show you the best performing Facebook and Instagram ads that get results!
- Organifi: An easy-to-use superfood powder that takes the best mother nature has to offer and fits it to your busy lifestyle. Visit Organifi.com and enter promo code FIRE to get 20% off your 30-day supply – PLUS, Organifi will ship you your own Freedom Journal as a special bonus!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:24] – Rocky had two goals in life – be a professional athlete and be a radio and TV personality
- [02:07] – “I have two choices – to believe all the things being told to me, or I can do something about it”
- [02:24] – Put the work in even if it’s hard
- [03:05] – Rocky applied for a job on a radio station and was rejected 5 times
- [03:31] – He went for the 6th time and asked if they’d just let him work for free
- [03:44] – He was allowed to work for free for a year
- [04:05] – When a position became available for full-time, Rocky was on top of the list
- [04:16] – Rocky has now been in the radio industry for 17 years
- [05:45] – Value Bomb Drop: You’ve got to have the mindset and know the difference between your gift and your talent
- [08:49] – Never get stuck until it’s time to stick to something
- [09:52] – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? That the sky is NOT the limit
- [10:55] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Taking all the NO’s personally instead of embracing them
- [13:35] – There are mentors out there in our lives – find them!
- [14:38] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Having an opportunity to be a blessing for someone else
- [15:57] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Myself
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Don’t allow people to create limits for you
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Hanging around with people who are smarter than me
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Dream Job Freedom and EOFire
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Motivation Manifesto –it’s about how to get started, how to get motivated, and a step-by-step blue print on doing everything!
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – I would create a handle/profile on all social media platform and take the $500 to make a website. I would give people opportunity free of charge to learn how they can overcome obstacles in their lives.
- [18:54] – Catch Rocky on Facebook and Twitter
- [19:02] – Check out Rocky’s website, Dream Job Freedom
- [19:40] – The road to success is always under construction
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!