Kathy works with small businesses to hire right the first time and build accountable teams. Ultimately, her clients make the leap out of day-to-day into a much bigger playing field.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Free Training: 3 hours to YOUR BIG IDEA! Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and in just 3 hours you’ll discover YOUR BIG IDEA!
- Slack – Kathy’s small business resource
- The 12 Week Year – Kathy’s Top Business Book
- IntuitiveStrategies.com – Kathy’s website
- Free Podcast Course – A 15-day course on how to Create, Grow, & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- When hiring for your team, be clear and ask the right questions.
- Learn to trust what you know.
- Embrace change — it’s the only constant thing in the world.
- Robinhood: An investing app that lets you buy and sell stocks and options for free! Visit Fire.Robinhood.com for details.
- Go To Webinar: My BEST marketing strategy? Hosting LIVE WEBINARS. And Go To Webinar has the reliability and the features you need to deliver webinars your audience will love. For more information, visit GoToWebinar.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:01] – Kathy lives in Florida with her active puppies
- [01:25] – Her area of expertise is in hiring and building a team
- [02:03] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Be clear on what you’re looking for and ask the right questions. Interviews are about storytelling
- [04:10] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Kathy was in a hotel room in Florida with a client she’d been working with for a year. She had just left corporate and her client had been pursuing her for 9 months. This time, she broke down and took the offer even though she knew she shouldn’t have. They had no agreement and after 3 months Kathy realized how different their core values and beliefs were, so she quit.
- [06:17] – When you know something, stick with it
- [07:24] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Kathy was standing in Santa Fe, New Mexico and it was day 4 of the 5-day retreat she was facilitating. She had 14 clients with her — she was wiped out, burnt out, and exhausted. All of a sudden something came to her about keeping it simple. As she got on the plane to fly home, she thought about what things she should stop doing and drop. That’s when Kathy realized she had to just do the things she’s truly passionate about
- [08:53] – “You’re the master of your own destiny”
- [09:59] – When you feel uncomfortable, change
- [10:34] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Right now, I am rolling out an absolutely amazing course… it’s a 90 day program and it teaches entrepreneurs how to seriously build their teams”
- 11:13 – Find out more about Kathy’s course plus grab a FREEBIE! IntuitiveStrategies.com
- [11:44] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Definitely the money I was making in corporate”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “To not be afraid of change, to know that even if it feels rough at this point in time there’s something amazing right around the corner”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Meditation as well as intentionally scheduling time for yourself”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Slack
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The 12 Week Year – “I’ve always created my goals according to 12 weeks”
- [13:38] – Show up in the world being clear on who you are
- 13:55 – Connect with Kathy on IntuitiveStrategies.com, and sign up for her email list to get 18 Interview Questions: What to Ask to Get Your Ideal Hire!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!