Globally recognized, award winning serial entrepreneur, author and advisor, Kelsey Ramsden builds multi-million dollar businesses and helps others do the same. She is a Status quo smasher, E3 master, cancer survivor and mom of 3.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Futurism.com – Kelsey’s small business resource
Driven: Understanding and Harnessing the Genetic Gifts Shared by Entrepreneurs, Navy SEALs, and Pro Athletes – Kelsey’s Top Business Book
The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
- EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE courses for you!
3 Value Bombs
1) Bring your mind to the present so you can think clearly about the situation or problem.
2) Don’t be afraid to ask people the truth about how they see you.
3) Know when you’re at max and be ready to turnover when your capacity can’t handle more.
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:08] – All Kelsey’s kids are under the age of 10
[01:38] – Focus and clarity are what help Kelsey balance multiple businesses while taking care of her 3 children
[02:09] – Her area of expertise is in simplifying complex situations and finding a solution that’s implementable
[02:41] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: E3 brings the mind to the present, re-ignites you to the thing that you’re exceptional at doing, and re-enlivens the mind to pay attention again
[04:41] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When Kelsey started her first construction business, she had no money. She was $112K+ in debt, but was able to get partners who helped her fund the business. The agreement was that she’d do all the work and split the profit 50/50. As she grew her business, a guy came to her and said he’d do the work for her, and they could split 50/50. Kelsey already had a gut feeling that this guy didn’t know how to do the work, but she still made a deal. In a period of 6 months, Kelsey lost almost $1M
[07:24] – Kelsey believes that she should have known herself better
[08:07] – Ask people who are going to tell you the truth about you
[09:25] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Kelsey was traveling across the country when she was suddenly diagnosed with cancer. She had to put her companies in management because her condition had only a 17% survival rate. Five years later, she’s well and has realized she has a specific skill set that can grow businesses to a certain size and then hand them over to other people
[10:47] – “Surround yourself with great people at the right time”
[11:44] – You’re terrific at something, but know when you’re not and be ready to hand the business over
[12:28] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “The thing I’m fired up about is how to re-ignite your mind for ah-ha and innovation”
[14:23] – Kelsey shares an E3 exercise with JLD
[17:16] – E3 is having emotion, experience, and explanation tagged together to re-enliven your mind
[18:16] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “A belief that entrepreneurs weren’t as good as people in corporate”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Only make a deal if you feel good about it. Never mind what the other person is getting”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Shaking up the status quo every day”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Futurism.com
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Driven: Understanding and Harnessing the Genetic Gifts Shared by Entrepreneurs, Navy SEALs, and Pro Athletes – “they (the authors) figured out a way to calm our minds and encourage focus”
[21:02] – Don’t allow the status quo to become stasis
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!