Ken & Kerri own Income Store, a 5x Inc. 5000 company managing 1000+ money making websites for their partners.
Income Store – Provides individuals, companies, and private equity firms with new income streams.
Ken’s Podcast – Check out Ken’s podcast!
3 Value Bombs
1) Every executive manages two businesses: the one they’re in, and the one they’re becoming. The one they’re in is much more urgent, but the one they’re becoming is much more important.
2) You better be fundamentally thinking about what your company and your people can make next with the current assets, which are people, money, and materials.
3) When you’re playing in the Google search bar, in the Facebook newsfeed world and in the Pinterest world, it’s all about content that is engage-worthy and shareable.
ZipRecruiter: When it comes to hiring, you can save time and get more qualified candidates fast with ZipRecruiter. And right now, you can try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire! ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to “Buy” your next income through Income Store with Ken & Kerri Courtright
[00:54] – Ken and Kerri share something interesting about themselves that most people don’t know.
- Kerri was a Chicago Bulls cheerleader during Michael Jordan’s era.
[03:46] – What does an “income store” do?
- They help people buy a passive revenue stream via a revenue-generating website.
- Most people have no idea how to market a website, keep content on it, and make sure that the IT is working on it properly.
- Ken & Kerri take the managing contract from the website and make sure that it continually works.
[05:41] – Ken & Kerri’s favorite success story with the Income Store
- Someone gave them a couple of hundred thousand dollars and build a website. After a year of aggressively building an audience with 20 posts a day, they got over $700,000 per month that they were sharing!
- There was a gentleman who was a truck driver, who spent so many weeks away from his family. After the third site he purchased, he was able to retire and now is at home with his kids full-time.
[09:52] – How can one guarantee a website’s revenue?
- To guarantee a website would be like saying that you guarantee that the Notre Dame Cathedral will be standing forever.
- Nobody can guarantee a single domain name is going to be standing in 5-20 years.
- They’re at a point where they think they can smell algorithm changes before they come.
[12:16] – What happens if a website fails?
- They write up a contract where they will wire you $1 and buy that site from you and replace it within 60 days
[13:45] – Their goal for a website: Ken & Kerri discuss a starting point for generating revenue, and how long it takes to get there
- People do not invest in Income Store – they are not an investment company.
- What happens is, people come up with a budget, look for what website is available, know the monthly goal they’re looking for, and then work it backwards with what can be built out.
- When you’re playing in the Google search bar, in the Facebook newsfeed, and in the Pinterest world, it’s all about content that is engage-worthy and shareable.
[17:01] – What is the worst-case scenario for one’s investment?
- If the website is not working out, they will buy it for $1 and move on to another site. They’ll keep trying and building a website until it works for their client.
[19:41] – How do they manage more than 2,000 websites?
- The greatest thing about their company is their ability to pivot.
- If there’s a situation where they can’t figure out how to strategize a particular website, they have people on-the-ready to pick up the phone and consult them on a new direction that would work for them.
- Teamwork makes the dream work.
[21:29] – Can a site partner choose a site they want to buy or build?
- People do not have 100% control of it. It has to be that way because of the guarantee that Income Store provides.
- If they’re going to guarantee that if anything happens, they’re going to replace it, then they better do due diligence in the beginning to prevent that from happening.
- They want the website to be in pristine condition so they can grow it.
- They have a standard rule: that if their kids cannot comfortably deal with a site, they won’t build or buy it.
[26:48] – How has working together changed the game for Ken & Kerri?
- Income store has no competition, that’s why a lot of people don’t understand it.
- When you’re in a business together, and it has been successful, and you’re married, the percentage of you staying married is exceptionally high.
[31:20] – How did they hit the Inc. 5000 list 5 times, with 3 different product sets and 3 different management teams?!
- It was their goal!
- Every executive manages two businesses, the one they’re in, and the one they’re becoming. The one they are in is much more urgent, but the one they are becoming is much more important.
- 439 of those 439 companies that are now gone from the Fortune 500 from 70 years ago are no longer with us, but their product lines are still around.
- You better be fundamentally thinking about what else your company and your people can make next with the current assets, which are people, money, and materials.
[37:04] – Ken and Kerrie’s parting piece of guidance
- Visit Income Store! The business is built to target 2 types of audience: if you have more time than money, you go to the left door. If you have more money than time, you go to the right door.
- Also check out Ken’s Podcast!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!