Kenneth is a board certified gastroenterologist with a research & clinical focus on inflammatory bowel diseases and irritable bowel syndrome. He is the creator of Atrantil, the proven natural solution for bloating, IBS, and leaky-gut.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Delivering Happiness – Kenneth’s Top Business Book
- LoveMyTummy.com – Kenneth’s website
- How to Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- Gift for Fire Nation – Get 10% off your bottle of Atrantil
3 Key Points:
- Your overall health starts and ends with your gut.
- Be calm, don’t just react to situations; show people you’re in control.
- Your success means nothing if you’re not healthy.
- ZipRecruiter: Unlike other hiring sites, ZipRecruiter doesn’t depend on the right candidates finding you; it finds them. Post your job on ZipRecruiter for FREE – that’s right, FREE! Just visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire.
- Davinci: Davinci meeting rooms start at just $10 an hour! No wonder entrepreneurs, startups, and Fortune 500 companies use them. Book your space now at DavinciMeeting.com/fire and the first hour is on them!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:07] – Kenneth is gastroenterologist and has been working in the Dallas area for 15 years
- [01:14] – He became interested in IBS because of his 10 years of clinical research
- [01:31] – He is married and has two children
- [01:47] – Kenneth has a family of tennis players
- [02:19] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: IBS is a “trashcan” term and its market is a $30B/year market
- [02:54] – There’s been a paradigm shift in the IBS market
- [03:13] – A lot of symptoms are caused by bacterial overgrowth that creates a leaky gut—the root of all inflammation or chronic disease
- [03:57] – All health begins and ends with the gut
- [05:19] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Kenneth realized treating the gut can be done naturally. He needed funds to start his company so he hosted a dinner with all his potential investors. The problem was all his guests were competitors and were not OK with being in the same room. The party took a turn for the worse, Kenneth couldn’t keep his cool, and he ended up losing the whole room of “guaranteed” investors
- [08:17] – He didn’t show that he had it under control
- [08:56] – Kenneth learned that staying calm can be contagious
- [11:43] – Always believe that you are on the top of your pyramid
- [12:18] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Kenneth was engaged in his own research while running a clinical practice. One scientist told Kenneth that those struggling with constipation will never be cured by their medicine because of the methane. Kenneth’s research manager told him that her previous work experience with a senator involved decreasing methane production at cattle farms because of the greenhouse effect. Simply put, the research manager had all the data for methane that he needed
- [14:35] – Always be open to anything and anybody!
- [15:26] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m most fired up because after that ah-ha moment, ultimately, we have a company here and a lot of people are depending on me”
- [18:44] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “People in the industry were either telling me it’s an impossible thing to do or that it had already been done and it’s a saturated market”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “When you give someone 5 minutes of uninterrupted complete attention, it makes them feel like they have 20 minutes with you. Be fully present with people”
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Delivering Happiness – “I read that book and as I built my team I make every one of them read it”
- [25:09] – “We are all eating for a hundred trillion”
- [25:46] – “What is the point of success and wealth if you’re not healthy?”
- 25:55 – Connect with Kenneth on LoveMyTummy.com
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!