Robert Glazer is the author of Performance Partnerships, The Checkered Past, Changing Present and Exciting Future of Affiliate Marketing and the founder and Managing Director of Acceleration Partners, an industry-leading affiliate marketing agency.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Sanebox – Robert’s small business resource
Performance Partnerships – Robert’s Top Business Book
FridayFWD.com – Robert’s website
Get free copy of the first chapter of Robert’s book at AccelerationPartners.com/fire
The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
3 Value Bombs
1) A great company is defined by its culture, core values and leadership.
2) Focus in on one or two tasks and delegate the rest to others.
3) Leverage influencer marketing to expand your brand’s reach.
School of Rock: A children’s services franchise where you’ll get to pass the torch of musicality to a new generation of musicians AND operate a profitable business at the same time! To learn more visit Franchising.SchoolOfRock.com, contact the School of Rock team, and tell them Entrepreneurs on Fire sent you!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:38] – Robert’s expertise is in customer acquisition and performance marketing
- Robert believes in building a great company by establishing a culture, core values and leadership
[02:27] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Affiliate marketing is creating a performance-based relationship with a win-win nature
- Affiliate revenue is a big part of Entrepreneurs On Fire’s revenue
[03:55] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Robert’s business had a bad quarter because of a mis-hire
[05:50] – Robert learned two things about hiring from this experience
- First, have a process in place and don’t get too excited about a candidate
- Second, don’t assign the hiring process solely on one person
[06:53] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Robert was thinking of how to solve a problem while in a taxi cab with part of his team. He suddenly thought that they should become publishers—that they should create a separate company that would help their existing business
09:38 – The lesson is to focus in on just one or two things, then have others to work on the other tasks
[10:11] – Before an entrepreneur gets to his first $10M in revenue, he needs to have focus
[10:52] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Robert is fired up about how his book can make an impact on affiliate marketing
- “Performance doesn’t get old”
[12:00] – More people are spending and willing to spend on influencer marketing
[13:14] – People use influencer marketing because they’re paying for placements
[16:27] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “A low tolerance on [taking] risks”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Just start”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Definitely redesigning my morning routine”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Sanebox
- Share the book that you wrote and why you wrote it? – Robert wrote Performance Partnerships because he thinks that the industry is misunderstood and he wants to address what performance marketing does and doesn’t do
[20:56] – Make choices that are aligned with your values and goals
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!