Robert is the author of Performance Partnerships, The Checkered Past, Changing Present and Exciting Future of Affiliate Marketing and the founder and Managing Director of Acceleration Partners, an industry-leading affiliate marketing agency.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Sanebox – Robert’s small business resource
- Performance Partnerships – Robert’s Top Business Book
- FridayFWD.com – Robert’s website
- Get free copy of the first chapter of Robert’s book at AccelerationPartners.com/fire
- The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
3 Key Points:
- A great company is defined by its culture, core values and leadership.
- Focus in on one or two tasks and delegate the rest to others.
- Leverage influencer marketing to expand your brand’s reach.
- School of Rock: A children’s services franchise where you’ll get to pass the torch of musicality to a new generation of musicians AND operate a profitable business at the same time! To learn more visit Franchising.SchoolOfRock.com, contact the School of Rock team, and tell them Entrepreneurs on Fire sent you!
- Incapsula: Protects and accelerates over 4 million websites every day. Get a free enterprise trial of Incapsula’s services when you visit LP.Incapsula.com/2017Podcasts!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 00:52 – Aside from Acceleration Partners, Robert also founded BrandCycle, which is in the performance marketing space
- [01:38] – Robert’s expertise is in customer acquisition and performance marketing
- [02:00] – Robert believes in building a great company by establishing a culture, core values and leadership
- [02:27] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Affiliate marketing is creating a performance-based relationship with a win-win nature
- [03:03] – Affiliate revenue is a big part of Entrepreneurs On Fire’s revenue
- [03:55] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Robert’s business had a bad quarter because of a mis-hire
- [05:50] – Robert learned two things about hiring from this experience
- [06:53] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Robert was thinking of how to solve a problem while in a taxi cab with part of his team. He suddenly thought that they should become publishers—that they should create a separate company that would help their existing business
- 09:38 – The lesson is to focus in on just one or two things, then have others to work on the other tasks
- [10:11] – Before an entrepreneur gets to his first $10M in revenue, he needs to have focus
- [10:52] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Robert is fired up about how his book can make an impact on affiliate marketing
- [11:27] – “Performance doesn’t get old”
- [12:00] – More people are spending and willing to spend on influencer marketing
- [13:14] – People use influencer marketing because they’re paying for placements
- [16:27] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “A low tolerance on [taking] risks”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Just start”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Definitely redesigning my morning routine”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Sanebox
- Share the book that you wrote and why you wrote it? – Robert wrote Performance Partnerships because he thinks that the industry is misunderstood and he wants to address what performance marketing does and doesn’t do
- 20:31 – Find Robert at AccelerationPartners.com and get a free copy of the first chapter at AccelerationPartners.com/fire
- 20:50 – Robert’s Friday Forward inspirational notes can be found at FridayFWD.com
- [20:56] – Make choices that are aligned with your values and goals
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!