Kevin Kruse is a New York Times bestselling author, an Inc 500 entrepreneur, and he’s been the founder or cofounder of several multi-million dollar companies. He is the host of the Extreme Productivity Podcast and his new book is 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- 15 Secrets of Successful Time Management – Kevin’s new book
- masteryourminutes.com/fire — Free giveaway from Kevin
3 Key Points:
- Thoughts are things, and we generally become what we think about.
- Hard, HARD, work does not translate to success.
- You need a client avatar, but you also need a unique value prop.
- Quip: Stop spending your entire day in your inbox. Visit quip.com/fire to sign up and get 6 months of the Quip Team Plan free!
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:20] – Kevin shares his story
- [01:37] – Kevin decided to become an entrepreneur in 1980
- [02:42] – How Kevin’s father almost lost EVERYTHING
- [03:24] – Everyone has a driver—if your driver is money, it’s not ideal, but it’s not bad either
- [04:15] – How Kevin cranks out revenue
- [04:56] – The most profitable source of revenue? The books.
- [05:49] – Create the content in one place and then filter it out
- [06:04] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Post-college trying to cash in on the 1980’s – early 90’s computer boom
- [08:10] – Hard work does NOT translate to success — but it does help.
- [09:01] – Don’t over-pivot — at some point, you need to focus and dedicate yourself to a target market
- [10:44] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When a client taught him that a single WORD can radically alter your marketing
- 13:00 – Figure out your avatar and the unique value prop to PARTNER with that avatar
- [14:48] – Biggest weakness? — Empathy
- [15:16] – Biggest strength? – A penchant for ACTION
- [15:46] – What has Kevin most fired up today? His new book — 15 Secrets of Successful Time Management
- [20:18] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Fear of failure
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Thoughts are things and we become what we think about
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Create in the morning, collaborate in the afternoon, connect in the evening
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Snapchat
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Ragged Dick
- [24:26] – Master your minutes to master your life
- [24:50] – masteryourminutes.com/fire
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!