Susan is a certified speaking professional as well as the co-founder of Group to TEAM Leadership Solutions, a training & consulting company that initiates a deeper conversation about what it takes to really shift an individual’s energy to build viable, self-sustaining, profitable teams.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Evernote – Susan’s small business resource
- Ask and It Is Given – Susan’s top business book
- Robert’s Rules Made Simple
- Group to Team Leadership Solutions
3 Key Points:
- Stop waiting. Enjoy your life as it is, and enjoy the journey you’re on.
- Trust your own voice.
- Give yourself permission to put yourself out there. Live large.
- Citi cards with Android Pay: A super fast way to pay! Download the Android Pay app on Google Play or visit Citi.com/androidpay to get started. (Android Pay is available for eligible Citi consumer credit and debit cards.)
- Toptal: Find the perfect developer or designer to help bring your next project to live with Toptal’s 2-week, no risk trial. Visit Toptal.com/fire or shoot me an email and I’ll personally introduce you to an executive at Toptal who can help you get set up!
- Qualaroo: Start engaging with your customers in real-time, collect valuable insights, and increase conversions. Sign up today and get your first 2 weeks of service free!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [02:13] – Susan’s part of the Association of Transformational Leaders
- [02:57] – Susan moved to Mexico 6 months ago and started re-constructing her life
- [05:00] – She generates revenue from online courses, including Robert’s Rules Made Simple and from webinars
- [07:18] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment – Seeing her first business flop
- [08:53] – “Be willing to let go of everything, including the name.”
- [10:05] – “I was hiding behind other people’s content, and not trusting my own voice.”
- [10:34] – “My next product was all me, and I just had to trust my voice.”
- [12:13] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA moment:– “For a long time, I was waiting to get somewhere before I felt something. Like I had to get somewhere else. I recently realized that success is here and now, and that I need to enjoy it.”
- [14:46] – Biggest weakness? – The books. I need my team to help me with finances.
- [15:55] – Biggest strength? – I’m a big vision thinker
- [17:00] – What has Susan most fired up today?– “My partnership with Freeman Michaels and the work we’re doing together”
- [19:24] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “My own fear”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Every minute you spend mad is a minute lost of your life”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I’m good at getting on the phone and connecting with people”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Evernote
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Ask and It Is Given
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter taken care of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – Take a really long walk and check out where I am. Go online and check out the environment. Get myself a URL.
- [21:36] – Connect with Susan at Group To Team
- [21:45] – Parting piece of guidance? – “You are important and your life is important. But you have to give yourself permission to put yourself out there.”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!