Marc is on a mission to help coaches build stronger businesses. A lifelong entrepreneur, he achieves this with his podcast Natural Born Coaches, his coaching programs, and his Facebook group “The Coaching Jungle”. He’s also a contributor for Entrepreneur.com.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- AWeber – Marc’s small business resource
- Thick Face Black Heart – Marc’s top Business Book
- Natural Born Coaches – Marc’s website
- The Coaching Jungle – Marc’s Facebook group
- Self Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Take action and consistently create content.
- It’s not bad to charge more.
- Don’t limit yourself into “a something.”
- Franchise Help: You can own your own business without having to go it alone. Visit FranchiseHelp.com/fire to take a franchise quiz and find your next business!
- ZipRecruiter: Looking for quality candidates to help you grow your business? Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by over 1 million businesses (including EOFire)!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:03] – Marc works exclusively with coaches
- [01:21] – Marc’s greatest motivation is his son, Gray
- [01:51] – Value Bomb Drop: Create valuable content for people and be consistent and disciplined
- [04:42] – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? Money is an echo of value. It’s great to put as much value out there as you can, but you have to make sure you’re being compensated for that value. Give free information, but charge a premium for implementation
- [06:27] – JLD talks about tipping points
- [07:04] – You are obligated to generate revenue
- [07:51] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: August 11, 2009 – The day Marc’s real estate business closed
- [10:32] – JLD shares an opposite story
- [12:04] – Enjoy the ups because the downs are coming
- [12:19] – Don’t box yourself into something
- 13:51 – No matter how great you become at one specific thing, you should be building your skills
- [14:20] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When Marc doubled his fees and it worked out great
- [15:17] – Charge what you’re worth
- 16:05 – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? His Facebook group: The Coaching Jungle
- [19:39] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – The feeling of failure
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – KMF: Keep Moving Forward
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Journaling
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – AWeber
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Thick Face Black Heart
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – I would create a free resource and set-up a squeeze page and drive people from social media and offer one-on-one coaching.
- [25:47] – Ready, fire, aim – don’t over think things
- 26:26 – Get a FREE strategy session! Go to naturalborncoaches.com/call and mention you heard his interview on EOFire!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!