Laura Sicola, founder of Vocal Impact Productions, is a leadership communication expert helping leaders hone their “Vocal Executive Presence” to confidently and authentically command the room, connect with the audience, and close the deal. Her TEDx talk has over 2,000,000 views and she does coaching, training and keynotes for clients worldwide.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Want to Sound Like a Leader? – Laura’s TedX talk
- Lean-In – A book that changed Laura’s life
- The One Thing – Laura’s Best Business Book
- Trello – Laura’s Small Business Resource
3 Key Points:
- The biggest enemy of great is good.
- Nothing is ever as hard as you initially think it is.
- Don’t be a person of success—be a person of value.
- Google AdWords: Get a $75 credit after you invest $25 dollars in your first campaign! Visit G.co/eofire to get started!
- SquareSpace: When you decide to sign up for SquareSpace, make sure to use the promo code FIRE to get 10% off your first purchase!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:50] – John introduces Laura to the show
- [01:28] – Laura’s personal life
- [01:53] – Life to her is all about communication
- [02:59] – How Laura brings dollars in the door
- [03:40] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment
- [04:59] – Losing $70K !?
- [05:22] – You can’t wait until the $hit hits the fan to start marketing
- [06:45] – The biggest enemy of great is good
- [07:13] – TedX talk
- [07:23] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment
- [07:40] – Lean In
- [10:55] – Be willing to pivot—when people are willing to give you money, shut up and take it!
- [11:47] – People vote with their wallets—pay attention to the results!
- [13:00] – Dollars in the door are the sign that you’re onto something big
- [13:48] – Laura’s biggest weakness is an absence of routine
- [14:20] – The Weapons of Mass Distraction
- [14:52] – Why do we spend so much time on things we suck at?
- [16:29] – The magic happens OUTSIDE your comfort zone
- [16:50] – Her BIGGEST strength?—Laura loves what she does
- [18:00] – Don’t be a person of success, be a person of value.
- [18:37] – Passive income streams are awesome!—if you want to scale, you have to find a way to offer your services without your presence
- [19:41] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur?—Marketing
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—Pricing, pricing, pricing
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—Follow-up personally
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation—Trello
- One book to have on your bookshelf?—The One Thing
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. What’s the 1st thing you would do?—put out survey’s online that ask “who is the most frustrating person you speak with?”
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!
Subscribe to EOFire!