Leslie is the founder of Go2Kitchens.com and creator of 27DayRealFoodChallenge.com. She is the host of Lunch with Leslie, the Shorty Award nominated live cooking show. She teaches how you can make your body inhospitable to cancer.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Live Leap – Leslie’s small business resource
Nudge – Leslie’s Top Business Book
Go2Kitchens.com – Leslie’s website
The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
3 Value Bombs
1) Be consistent in everything that you do, especially when it involves your audience.
2) You don’t have to speak to everyone to be successful—just the right group.
3) Be authentic—don’t be afraid to say “I don’t know” when you really don’t know.
BlueHost: If you’re looking for a website host that’s top-rated, that powers over two million websites, and that gives you the best tools to build, host and manage your business’s website, then look no further than BlueHost! Right now BlueHost is offering Fire Nation 50% off when you sign up at BlueHost.com/fire!
Omaha Steaks: The perfect holiday gift for your clients, employees and partners! Omaha Steaks has a huge variety of gift options to choose from and flexible gift plans for businesses of all sizes. Right now you can get their exclusive holiday gift package for $59.99. Visit OmahaSteaks.com and type EOF in the search bar!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:58] – Leslie lives in Northern Colorado with her husband
[01:11] – They are both entrepreneurs running four businesses inside their house
[01:46] – Her area of expertise is in live streaming and doing camera work
[02:20] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Consistency is your job in live streaming. It’s important that you show up on the days you broadcast
[02:58] – Being consistent is the golden ticket to success
[03:39] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: At the beginning of Go2Kitchens, Leslie was fighting in a world full of health care professionals. She was a cancer survivor who had a message to tell. She began to force her way into peoples’ lives and stepped into the belief that this might not be the right choice for her. She didn’t think she was good enough
[05:51] – “You don’t have to be pushing everybody’s buttons to get noticed”
[07:04] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Leslie’s biggest ah-ha moment was the moment she hit the “Go Live” button. She knew live streaming would be something she could start with. She live streams on 3 platforms: YouTube, Facebook, and Periscope. She hit the “go live” button with an avocado in her hand – not knowing what to talk about – until she saw her image on the screen
[09:13] – Leslie uses Periscope for its unique, real-time comments feature
[10:07] – Average viewers per broadcast is anywhere from 3K-10K, and Leslie’s goal is to answer at least 75% of the comments
[11:08] – Facebook has about a 6-second lag and YouTube has a 10-second lag
[11:58] – For Leslie, Periscope is #1, YouTube #2 and Facebook Live #3
[13:21] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I was just approached last week and signed to have my own radio show”
[17:49] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Self doubt, of course”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “You don’t need to change because it’s a different stage”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I think my best personal habit is eating correctly”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Live Leap
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Nudge – “it’s the best business book I’ve ever read in my life”
[24:17] – The most famous words for being authentic are: “I don’t know”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!