Luci Lampe is a mom of 4 and founder of the Sexy Mama Movement. She shows moms how to turn overwhelm into freedom, and coaches high-performing career moms in creating their sexiest lives.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Trello – Luci’s small business resource
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – Luci’s Top Business Book
Sexy Mama Movement – Luci’s website
Connect with Luci on her website
Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Focus on your audience – your business is NOT about you.
2) Do what is best for your clients, say what needs to be said; even if it isn’t the most popular opinion or may result in you not being liked.
3) Don’t make assumptions. If you need to, assume positive intent all the time.
Organifi: I’ve been researching plant-based supplements that will help me not just feel my best, but also perform my best, and Organifi’s protein is smooth, filling and the vanilla flavor is yummy! See for yourself: visit Organifi.com and save 20% with promo code FIRE!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:57] – Luci has 4 kids and they live in San Diego
[01:15] – Her path kept leading her back to going deeper with people
[01:34] – Luci’s experiences in life and motherhood confirmed the path that she is on now
[01:47] – Luci is an expert in helping moms turn overwhelm into freedom
[02:01] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Your life is your own personal responsibility; you choose whether or not you’re living in excellence and you choose the victim mentality
[02:25] – The Sexy Mama Movement is about taking personal responsibility
[03:09] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Luci had so much buildup and anticipation when it came to publishing her first book. For 3.5 years, she worked on writing the book while having two more children. She knew she had to do it to reach more moms. She ditched the 60,000 words she initially wrote and started from scratch. On the launch day, Luci didn’t have the numbers she expected and she compared herself to a friend who had just launched her third book
[05:18] – If Luci kept her eyes fixed on the mission and vision, this experience wouldn’t have impacted her to the extent that it did
[05:50] – Luci realized as long as she focuses on giving to others, it’s impossible for her to get caught up in her thoughts
[06:16] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Luci was at a leadership boot camp. Luci was able to see what commitment and outward focus really looks like
[08:03] – She put it all on the line and used her last $500 to take the next step (coaching program), which completely turned her business around
[09:05] – When Luci stopped caring about being liked, she told her clients exactly what they needed to hear
[09:26] – JLD talks about a documentary he watched
[10:20] – Do what’s best for your client, not what’s best for you
[10:45] – Never make any assumptions
[10:58] – Always assume positive intent
[12:36] – Live curiously
[12:53] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “The Sexy Mama Movement is officially going live!”
[14:00] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear. Fear of failing, fear of not being liked, and self-doubt”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “When in doubt, focus out”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I absolutely must meditate every day”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Trello
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – “it reminds me to focus on what’s important”
[16:30] – No matter what, always stay in the question
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!