Matthew Loop is the international best-selling author of Social Media Made Me Rich: Here’s How it Can Do the Same for You, a speaker, and philanthropist. He helps brands multiply their influence, impact, and monthly revenue by harnessing the power of Facebook and other powerful online platforms.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Workaholics4Hire – Matthew’s small business resource
- E-Myth by Michael Gerber – Matthew’s top business book
- Social Media Made Me Rich – Matthew’s website
- Social Media Made Me Rich: Here’s How It Can Do the Same for You – Matthew’s book
- Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
- How to Finally Win – Create your dream life one step at a time!
3 Key Points:
- Find a need that fits in with your passion and begin your entrepreneurial journey there.
- Hire help, especially in your areas of weakness.
- At the end of the day, no one is going to save you except yourself.
- Billy Gene is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene is hosting a free training where he’s going to build an entire Facebook advertising campaign from scratch – the ad copy, the landing pages, and everything in between! Why struggle trying to figure out Facebook ads on your own when you can just copy Billy Gene? Claim your spot today at INeedThisTraining.com!
- Breather: Don’t overpay for space you don’t need – book a Breather space, just for the time you need it! Try Breather today and you’ll receive $100 off your first booking when you go to Breather.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:06] – Matthew is a family-centered entrepreneur. He has 2 kids and loves to travel with them and his wife. He grew up in rural Michigan and his parents taught him the value of hard work. He studied to become a chiropractor and grew his business through MySpace
- [01:56] – He has since built a career in consulting and has helped 27,000 entrepreneurs in over 25 countries
- [02:36] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: I help brands multiply their influence, impact and monthly revenue using Facebook
- [03:10] – The biggest mistake people make with Facebook ads is not starting small, as you will eventually pay a higher cost per click
- [03:42] – The smarter way to do it is to start with $7 – $10 per day and budget over a couple of days, then double it up over time
- [04:47] – Matthew got into MySpace by accident because he saw how it could allow him to reach customers within a certain mile radius
- [05:08] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Before discovering the power of social media, Matthew had problems – he had student loans amounting to $135,000 and his credit cards were maxed by trying advertising in radio and TV. He tried to use cash convenience checks from Bank of America, but was rejected
- [06:08] – Matthew felt like a total failure and the worst was when his ex-girlfriend’s father gave him a check for $2,000. Matthew felt humiliated and it was a humbling experience. He accepted the loan, but felt the pressure that someone had invested in him
- [06:53] – It was what Matthew needed to become focused
- [07:30] – Matthew read the book Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
- [07:54] – Matthew learned about ethical influence and began to grow his chiropractic practice
- [08:14] – Chiropractic colleagues asked Matthew what he was doing and he taught them about it and his consulting business grew
- [08:48] – People were looking for alternative practices to wellness, but chiropractors were not taught how to market themselves and look for customers
- [09:03] – Matthew recorded his social media expertise in DVD format and it started selling online; his secondary income became his primary
- [09:33] – JLD says it’s all about solving problems
- [10:02] – Matthew was able to pay the $2,000 loan back in four months – he felt amazing!
- [10:42] – JLD says debt will weigh you down
- [11:09] – Greatest AH-HA Moment: Matthew realized he did not have to do anything himself. He wrote 10-15 articles per day and submitted them to directories. He did not have any clue on how to delegate
- [11:50] – Matthew could not manage anymore so he hired a project manager in 2009
- [12:44] – You do not have to learn new tools, you can just find other people who are doing that in Upwork or another hiring platform.
- [13:30] – What are you most FIRED up about today? – How business applies to philanthropy
- [14:38] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? –“The fear that I was going to make a mistake and thinking I had to do everything myself”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “If you want to do the many things most people can’t do, simply do the few things most people won’t do”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I wake up very early at 6:00am”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Workaholics4Hire
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- [18:39] – Connect with Matthew on his website – anyone who wants to pick up his book can access some special bonuses!
- [19:04] – No one else is going to save you except yourself
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!