Matt’s early career was as an Air Force pilot and advertising executive. In 2007 he started his franchise company, School Spirit Vending, which has raised over $3.5 million for education since inception. SSV provides a proven and profitable business system for professionals looking to develop secondary income streams.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- SSVbusiness.com/EOfire— Free eBook from Matt
3 Key Points:
- Move from success to significance.
- If you want to be an entrepreneur, you need to spend your time with entrepreneurs.
- Get passive income into your portfolio EARLY and OFTEN.
- eVoice: No need for two phones – just get a second line added to your mobile phone! Use promo code FIRE for a 60-day free trial!
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:23] – Matt shares his story
- [02:19] – How Matt makes the money that keeps his kids in college
- [03:02] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Being 48 years old and accomplishing all his goals—there was a lack of fulfillment and motivation
- [05:23] – Humans are not meant to be stagnant
- [06:21] – Always keep something on your radar that pushes the envelope
- [06:51] – The #1 killer is RETIREMENT
- [07:26] — Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When a couple kids knocked on his door to sell candy on behalf of the local school.
- [09:10] – The needs of schools are REAL
- [09:55] – Are you taking care of the most basic needs?
- [10:57] —Biggest weakness?—Detail
- [11:17] –Biggest strength?–Discipline
- [11:43] – What has Matt most fired up today? –The growth of his company
- [12:20] – SSVbusiness.com/EOfire
- [15:10] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Lack of knowledge and association
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Hire a coach
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Think small—be satisfied with incremental victories every day
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – REV
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Bible… and Rich Dad Poor Dad
- [20:26] – Get started TODAY—stop trying to “get ready”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!