Mike is a husband, father, author, bio-hacker, and life enthusiast. His work is focused on showing people how to stop living in the unhappy, unfulfilled, and disengaged majority by taking the time to understand and answer Six Fundamental Questions. But that’s not where the work ends….it’s where it begins. His work has been featured on many podcasts including Business Revolution and Entrepreneur on Fire, but is best represented in his new book “Closer Than You Think” which is releasing very soon.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Closer Than You Think – Mike’s new book
- Gift for Fire Nation
3 Key Points:
- Know your why—what it looks like and feels like.
- 70% to 80% of people feel unfulfilled—don’t be one of them.
- Seize the life you want and deserve.
- Citi cards with Android Pay: A super fast way to pay! Download the Android Pay app on Google Play or visit Citi.com/androidpay to get started. (Android Pay is available for eligible Citi consumer credit and debit cards.)
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:52] – Mike’s #1 Job is being a dad
- [01:38] – “Instead of wondering what’s your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life that you don’t need to escape from” – Seth Godin
- [01:57] – How Mike generates revenue
- [03:07] – Mike defines Millennials as 1980 to 2000
- [04:17] – Millennials are insanely generous and forward-thinking
- [05:40] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Being diagnosed with lung cancer — but actually NOT having lung cancer
- [10:05] – Don’t try to escape reality — commit yourself to making your reality as good as it possibly can be
- [11:03] – Making money rarely correlates with an intrinsic feeling of success
- [12:15] – KNOW YOUR WHY
- [14:01] – Anything is possible
- [14:54] —Biggest weakness? – Self-Confidence
- [15:51] –Biggest strength? – Self-knowledge
- [16:35] – What has Mike most fired up today? – Closer Than You Think
- [17:59] – What AVID stands for
- [18:27] – The brain re-wires itself when you engage in the same thought processes over and over
- [22:28] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Fear of perception
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Trade perfection for authenticity
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – AVID
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Philosopher’s Notes
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Miracle Morning
- 24:24 – MikeMerriam.com
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!