Nick Kullin is a fearless and eccentric young entrepreneur who always believed that inside of every successful self-made person is a poor kid who followed his dream. Nick started his entrepreneurial journey at a young age of 13 when he built his first growth hack, built a growing success for himself without the need of a college degree, and followed the unconventional path in life while building a 6-figure a month business.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Anymail Finder – Nick’s recommended resource
- TED Talks (the book) – Nick’s recommended book
- GumpMovement – Nick’s website
- Nick’s Twitter
- Nick’s LinkedIn
- SelfMasteryJournal.com – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Diversify yourself to find multiple ways to bring in revenue.
- Find a way to make money that makes you happy.
- Think outside of the box and pursue your crazy ideas.
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
- ZipRecruiter: Looking for quality candidates to help you grow your business? Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by over 1 million businesses (including EOFire)!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:53] – Nick started as an entrepreneur at age 13.
- [01:15] – He always had a “non-conformist” mindset.
- [01:40] – He wanted to help musicians get noticed.
- [02:48] – He always wanted to find the most innovative path.
- [03:06] – He couldn’t afford college, so he got to work as an entrepreneur.
- [03:39] – He kept his eyes open for new opportunities.
- [04:10] – What is your revenue for your business today? – It’s all about looking for new opportunities.
- [06:57] – What specifically brings in 6 figures? – The agency and the academy.
- [09:31] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When he almost ruined his life starting his business.
- [09:54] – He was fortunate to have a lot of job opportunities.
- [10:12] – But he was missing the passion, and his employer fired him when Nick started his own company on the side.
- [11:01] –He wanted to propose to his future wife, but he had no security and was spending all his money starting a business.
- [12:00] – Being crazy is part of being an entrepreneur.
- [13:38] – What it’s like to start out and have nothing for months and months…
- [13:49] – Getting customers to believe in you and see that you are credible.
- [14:08] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: He realized nobody knew how to connect with their buyers.
- [17:34] – What do you want people to get from your idea? – Learn your customers perfectly.
- [19:06] – What has Nick most fired up today? – He has started sharing his own story more and speaking more.
- [23:10] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – The sense of failure.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Never accept ‘no’ for an answer.
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Always making sure my wife is happy.
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – AnymailFinder
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Latest TED Talks
- Parting piece of advice –Figure out how you can first change yourself, and find what makes you happy.
- [27:00] – GumpMovement – Nick’s website
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!