Nicky builds powerful sales funnels for small business owners looking to generate more leads online. Through implementation and coaching, she takes the overwhelm out of online conversion.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Evernote – Nicky’s small business resource
- Sacred Success – Nicky’s Top Business Book
- Nicky’s website
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE Courses for you!
3 Key Points:
- If something drives you to be an entrepreneur, don’t be discouraged by the obstacles that get in the way—just push through.
- Identify your audience’s pain point and offer a solution.
- The more niched your business is, the easier it is for people to find you.
- DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
- LinkedIn Learning: Offers thousands of expert-led courses covering a wide range of business, tech, and creative skills, with dozens of new tutorials added each week! Right now LinkedIn Learning is offering our listeners a free 30-day trial! Just visit LinkedIn.com/fire to sign up and try it free for 30 days!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:51] – Nicky is a mom and her business started from a mommy blog
- [01:49] – Her expertise is in building sales funnels
- [02:46] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: When people make sales funnels complicated, they miss things. Use Facebook Analytics tools to set up your funnel
- [04:14] – Google Analytics is brilliant, but not all people can understand it; Facebook Analytics, on the other hand, is very easy to set up
- [05:37] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Seven years ago, Nicky was excited to build a new lifestyle for her growing family. They looked into managing a sporting center that they had invested in. Unfortunately, they encountered some red flags. That summer in Brisbane, it rained a lot and they didn’t get as many customers as they expected. The whole city flooded and the sports center was damaged. Nobody was paying their invoices. This forced Nicky to go back to teaching and she had to put her four-month-old baby in daycare. The lowest point for them was needing $20K to pay for solicitor fees just to get out of the management contract they had with the sporting center.
- [08:30] – They rented their house out because they couldn’t afford it, and they ended up moving back to the home where Nicky grew up
- [08:54] – Nicky, who was pregnant with her second child at that time, remembers going to the library with her two-year-old son just to get some air conditioning
- [10:09] – “Investing in YOURSELF is always a good investment”
- [10:53] – As an entrepreneur, when things go wrong, you will be able to find a way out of it and start something great once again
- [11:20] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Nicky started blogging and made $200 in a six-month period. She didn’t really know what she could offer, she was just blogging because she wanted to. She started a home daycare business because of her two young kids. She found that there was no information out there about starting a home daycare online, so she blogged about it. She realized other people wanted to create a home daycare, too. When she launched, she made $3K, and that’s when she realized she could monetize her blog.
- [14:12] – Identify your audience’s pain point and start from there
- [14:38] – Identify and narrow down what you can offer
- [14:53] – “Don’t go so big…the more niched you are, the easier it is to find you”
- [15:17] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I love seeing people break through that barrier of technical overwhelm and actually get something put together”
- [18:51] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “It was wanting to do every idea I came up with”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Just get started”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Every morning, I go for a walk and I work out the three most important tasks I want to get done that day”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Evernote
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Sacred Success – “I could not stop writing notes on this book”
- [20:50] – Start with simple funnels
- 21:01 – Go to NickyLeonti.com/fire and book a free chat with Nicky!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!