Ola “Tux” is the Creator of myEmpirePRO. He is a full time entrepreneur since October 2006 and engineering graduate from NJIT Newark Jersey. He was born in Dallas, Texas to Nigerian parents and he is a proud Nigerian American. He is a marketing addict, trainer, consultant and a real estate investor. Most importantly, husband and fathers 2 boys.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Social Jukebox – Ola’s small business resource
- Your One Word – Ola’s Top Business Book
- Network Marketing 2.0 – Ola’s book
- MyEmpirePRO – Ola’s website
- FunnelOnFire – Learn how to create a funnel that converts!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Money is just a currency – if you’re not pushing value, you won’t make it to the top.
- It’s okay to sell your time if that’s all you have to give.
- Creating something of value, something that sets you apart from the rest, is better than just closing another deal.
- ZipRecruiter: Looking for quality candidates to help you grow your business? Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by over 1 million businesses (including EOFire)!
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:29] – Ola is a man who is on a journey
- [02:02] – Ola’s area of expertise is in real estate investing and network marketing
- [02:35] – Most network marketers come into entrepreneurship with the employee mindset
- [03:16] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: The idea of selling time—there are things you can’t scale, so enjoy life
- [05:10] – Ola had the epiphany that it’s okay to sell your time if it’s all you have
- [06:13] – Nigeria is the happiest country in the world
- [06:34] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: It happened in 2008. He started in real estate in 2004. In the middle of 2008, he had already heard of the possibility of a market crash. He felt the affects of the market failing at the start of 2009 and crashed a $3M business. His second worst entrepreneurial moment happened in 2011-2012: Ola’s business crashed again because he had a partner who convinced him to stop pursuing organic traffic.
- [08:34] – Ola invested all his money in getting traffic and ended up in a rat race
- [09:57] – Money is just a currency – if you’re not pushing value, you won’t make it to the top
- [10:46] – Everyone has incredible value that needs to be shared with the world
- [11:34] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “The first one is Network Marketing 2.0 – the book”
- [12:15] – The #1 piece of feedback Ola gets from his readers is that his book came from the heart
- [12:47] – Ola is passionate about network marketing because he’s experiencing that world now
- [14:05] – In 2009, online marketing had you push marketing on people
- [14:32] – Network Marketing 2.0 lets Ola share with people the “new” marketing that is available
- [15:17] – “Always be creating is better than always be closing”
- [16:34] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Something that’s not good from my background is culture and tradition, and it’s holding me back”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Dirt is a good thing”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Detail oriented”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Social Jukebox
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Your One Word – “it helped me target my purpose”
- 18:59 – Get Ola’s 15-Point Checklist to Go to 6 Figures here
- [19:52] – Dirt is a good thing, but you need strategy—you need to learn and master your skills
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!