Paul Wiltshire is a music and technology entrepreneur with over 30 years experience across the music and media industries. He launched Songtradr in March 2016 and has since rapidly grown the service to 750,000 artists and music creators around the globe, licensing music to advertisers, brands, films, TV and other media.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Songtradr – All your music needs in one place
3 Value Bombs
1) Having an education may not be a pre-requisite. Instead, focus on the proper outcomes and back them up with good, hard work.
2) Wherever there is music, there is licensure.
3) If you want to fuel growth, do something you love and are passionate about.
HubSpot: Learn how to grow better by connecting your people, your customers, and your business at HubSpot.com!
Conversion Fanatics: If you’re generating 7 to 8 figures + from your website, and you’re not doing conversion optimization, you’re leaving revenue on the table! Visit ConversionFanatics.com for a free proposal today and tell them EOF sent you!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Building the Fastest-Growing B2B Music Platform in the World with Paul Wiltshire
[1:38] – Paul shares something he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- He believes that having an education may not be a pre-requisite. Instead, he focuses on the proper outcomes and backs them up with good, hard work.
[2:47] – Paul shares some background about Songtradr.
- Paul was a songwriter and record producer early on in his career, and he traveled the world working with different artists creating music.
- In early 2000, he saw a rapid change with the digital transformation
[4:17] – What is the platform, the origin story, and how has it evolved to where it is today?
- The music industry is quite complicated, and it is a fragmented industry.
- Paul’s lightbulb moment was when he realized that it could be simplified and done through technology.
- It has been evolving for eight years now.
[5:36]- Paul discusses mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity from the past few years.
- The music industry evolves rapidly, combining mergers and acquisitions to accelerate its vision.
- Through M&A, their vision is to acquire companies that are highly complementary to the ecosystem they are creating
[7:08] – A timeout to thank our sponsors, HubSpot and Conversion Fanatics!
[9:39] – What is the future of the music and media industry?
- It is thriving, and it will continue to grow.
- Wherever there is music, there is licensure.
- The music industry’s transformation over the last 15 years is revolutionary.
[10:45] – How is Songtradr contributing to supporting artists and buyers?
- From the artist’s perspective, it protects the value of rights and attracts more music supply.
- 3 Buyer Audience Groups:
- User-Generated Content
- Small to Medium-Sized Audiences
[12:43] How is Songtradr contributing to supporting artists and their buyers?
- They are unlocking opportunities for a gate-kept environment.
[14:40] – How are NFTs playing a role in the future of media?
- Paul is fascinated with the current transformation; NFT creation is another exciting way to monetize
- NFTs can be transformational for the creative community
[15:57] – Paul’s parting piece of guidance.
- If you want to fuel growth, do something you love and are passionate about.
[18:03] – Paul’s call to action.
- Songtradr – All your music needs in one place
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!