Born selling and still learning 30 years later, Simon Leslie is at the helm of INK, a company he has sold four times. He is living a white belt mentality daily.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Ink Global – Connecting brands with a global audience
3 Value Bombs
1) Be patient and tolerant with anybody you interact with, but be really strict with yourself.
2) Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end of the world.
3) Thinking time is important. You won’t solve a problem using the same brain. Get out of the office, get a coffee, and think about it with a different brain – and you’ll come back with a solution.
HubSpot: Learn how to grow better by connecting your people, your customers, and your business at HubSpot.com!
Truebill: A new app that helps you identify and stop paying for subscriptions you don’t need, want, or have simply forgotten about! Start canceling your unused subscriptions today at Truebill.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: A Ceo in Crisis.
[1:29] – Simon shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- Success is a long game. Success takes time. People have to be patient.
[3:04] – The definition of “white belt thinking”.
- Focus on what’s in front of you. Like in martial arts, you begin with the white belt.
- With the right mentors and coaches, you can achieve anything in life.
- Thinking time is important. You won’t solve a problem using the same brain. Get out of the office, get a coffee, and think about it with a different brain – and you’ll come back with a solution.
[5:55] – Equanimity and its role in our lives.
- The pandemic is something that has never happened to us before. Planes were grounded, airports were shut down, all advertisers shut down their business… Even through the greatest depression planes were still traveling for the holiday.
- Equanimity is remaining calm under pressure.
[8:50] – Simon talks about the imposter syndrome.
- Business is like a game of poker. The game is still the same regardless of which table you sit at. It’s the results that are better if you play at a bigger table.
[11:09] – A timeout to thank our sponsors, HubSpot and Truebill!
[13:34] – People look to Simon as a master of sales.
- He is on his 300,000th hour of learning about sales.
- Behavioral science is what Simon really loves
- The best teachers for him are his children when they’re using tactics to get what they want.
[15:37] – Simon’s view on miracles and angels.
- Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.
[17:58] – Simon talks about living with his younger self.
- Every time someone passes, he believes that there’s a year of goodness that will happen in your life.
- It was his dream for his son to have his own business. January 2021, he started a small influential business out of his bedroom. Today, his agency is one of the fastest growing in the UK with 80 different talents, doing hundreds of deals for brands.
[21:12] – Simon’s poetry book.
- He started writing 4-line poems and sharing them on Instagram.
- If you have a gift, the art of life is to give your gift away.
[23:11] – Simon’s key takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation!
- Follow Simon on Instagram!
- Be patient and tolerant with anybody you interact with, yet be really strict with yourself.
Live with faith, eliminate the fear, and be courageous enough to take the risks so you won’t be left behind.
- Ink Global – Connecting brands with a global audience
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!