Penny works with motivated female entrepreneurs to give them the confidence to live a life they love through enhanced sales in their business. She has completed 18 Ironman’s (incl. the World Champs in Kona), 40 marathons, running a 6 figure business and published in over 25 magazines and media outlets.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Penny shares her incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:08] – Penny is from New Zealand
- [01:38] – Penny believes that as an entrepreneur, you can have a life and a business that supports you at the same time
- [02:30] – Penny is passionate about sales and believes that if you don’t have sales coming into the business, then you don’t really have a business at all
- [02:36] – Sales brings an entrepreneur the confidence that leads to motivation and momentum
- [04:27] – If you don’t have the right sales skills, you’ll get stuck tweaking your strategy
- [07:08] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: It was when one of Penny’s biggest clients fired her through text message on the day that her grandmother died
- [09:06] – You need not worry about your business when something happens with your family
- [09:34] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Penny realized that it’s not enough to rely on free resources for her business development. She needed to have a coach for support, just like with her training for Ironman
- [12:57] – Know your end goal and surround yourself with support to get to that end goals
- [13:16] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Having an office for women of all levels to invest”
- [16:43] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I loved my 9-5, I love my company car and so it was the safety that’s holding me back”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Take it all in, do as much as you can and live life to the fullest”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I love getting outside every single morning, get my heart pumping, connecting to nature, pushing my brain to push my body”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Toggl
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – E-Cubed and E-Squared audiobooks – “Both show tangible ways that we can be connected with the universe”
- 19:23 – Penny is giving away FREE email sequence at PennyComins.com/fire
- [19:55] – “Sales is fun and it’s as easy as you brushing your teeth”
3 Key Points:
- You can enjoy your life and run your business successfully at the SAME time.
- Find help in the form of a coach to take you to that next level.
- Set your end goals, know your priorities and invest in yourself.
- Toggl– Penny’s small business resource
- E-Cubed and E-Squared – Penny’s Top Business Book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Get your FREE email sequence at PennyComins.com/fire
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
- ZipRecruiter: Unlike other hiring sites, ZipRecruiter doesn’t depend on the right candidates finding you; it finds them. Post your job on ZipRecruiter for FREE – that’s right, FREE! Just visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire.
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2)The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!