Rob Kosberg is a two time international best selling author and founder of BestSellerPublishing.org and has been featured on ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX news. He has spoken to and taught thousands of entrepreneurs, coaches and consultants how to stop hunting for clients and instead position themselves as the hunted using their own best selling book. He helps his clients to create their own professional, best selling book and then book them for media.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- BestSellerPublishing – Rob’s website
- FunnelOnFire – Learn how to create a funnel that converts!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- You may be the best in your field, but without marketing, being the best is useless.
- Position yourself in the right situation and start believing that your perception is your reality.
- Take imperfect action—take that first step and you’ll be amazed where your journey brings you.
- The Small Business Success podcast: Get real insight into what actually happened as some of the world’s greatest small businesses tackled their hairiest challenges. Subscribe to The Small Business Success podcast by Keap in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts!
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:08] – The whole idea of what Rob does is creating celebrity
- [01:25] – Rob lives in Southern California with his wife and kids
- [02:09] – Rob’s area of expertise is in helping entrepreneurs get hunted in order to level up
- [03:16] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: The biggest thing is every entrepreneur is in 2 businesses – the business of the things we do, and marketing
- [03:48] – You can be the best in what you do, but without people knowing about it, it’s useless
- [04:28] – Rob shares his own experience building credibility and authority in his field
- [06:08] – Put yourself in the right situation and make that perception your reality
- [07:42] – 3 to 4 years ago an engineer who owned a consulting company went to Rob for help
- [10:05] – The whole idea is to set yourself above the competition so you can stand out
- [10:41] – Use your bestselling book to solidify your position and authority in your field
- [11:04] – The book sets you apart
- [12:20] – The more specific the niche, the more valuable your book becomes
- [12:52] – One of the biggest tools Rob uses is ClickFunnels
- [13:47] – JLD and Russell Brunson of ClickFunnels just did a webinar! Watch it here
- [14:06] – It’s so much easier to do this positioning today in 2017 than ever before
- [14:16] – There’s no barrier to entry
- [14:37] – Make sure you have good content and a solid marketing plan
- [16:03] – The biggest differentiator is Amazon – it allows you to self-publish and they are the biggest platform
- [17:09] – Facebook ads is a great tool to market your book
- [17:31] – Anyone can make it on TV
- [18:41] – Rob wouldn’t be where he is today if he hadn’t sat down and wrote his book
- [18:58] – Whatever your dream is, JUST DO IT
- [19:27] – Rob made a Media Training on How to Get on Radio, TV, and etc! for you, Fire Nation! Check it out here
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!