Wyatt is the Co-founder & CEO of Demio, a simple but powerful webinar platform built for inbound marketing and sales.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Clarity – Wyatt’s small business resource
- How Rich People Think – Wyatt’s top Business Book
- Demio – Wyatt’s website
- Connect with Wyatt on Twitter
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Customer experience is important.
- Don’t rush things. There’s a time for everything.
- Pick your team carefully as they will be the people you’ll be spending most of your time with.
- ZipRecruiter: Looking for quality candidates to help you grow your business? Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by over 1 million businesses (including EOFire)!
- ZOHO: THE operating system that handles everything your business needs to run successfully – and more! “There’s a first time for everything.”
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:50] – Wyatt is 20 years old and a high school dropout
- [01:24] – Wyatt decided to create Demio in September 2014
- [02:00] – Value Bomb Drop: Customer experience is made up of every little interaction someone has with your company. And your unique selling proposition doesn’t have to be related to features
- [05:20] – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? Hiring – that it’s not okay to hire talented people even if they’re not the best culture fit
- [06:22] – Culture fit is everything
- [07:07] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Making quick choices that backfired
- [08:23] – Take the time and be thorough to put the pieces in place
- [09:33] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When Wyatt sold his first product online. And ranking stuff in Google with SEO
- [11:36] – You don’t need to know how you’re going to do something – it will come along the way
- [12:55] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Wyatt’s team at Demio
- [14:20] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Nothing
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – You have to balance patience with ambition
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Reading
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Clarity
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – How Rich People Think –it breaks down the way middle class people think vs world-class people think
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – I would start by looking for a problem that I want to solve and start interviewing people about it and look for a partner…
- [20:20] – Results really matter
- 21:31 – Connect with Wyatt on Twitter
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!
Subscribe to EOFire!