Sarah Kaler is an Executive Leadership Coach and Business Mentor. For over 17 years she has developed business leaders across various industries. She works with female CEOs building high growth companies as well as international brands and Fortune 100 & 500 companies such as Facebook, Lululemon Athletica, Intel, Cisco, Levi’s, Box, and more.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Basecamp – Sarah and her team’s favorite tool
- First, Break All the Rules – Sarah’s book recommendation
- Soulpowered.com/fire– A free guide on how to hire your dream team
3 Key Points:
- Going at it a hundred miles an hour and bringing in tons of money does not necessarily mean that you have found success.
- Find a business that you can be passionate about.
- If you’re not enjoying every minute of your life, change it.
- Acorns: The app that takes the big decision of investing and turns it into a small one! Visit Acorns.com or simply download to your mobile device by visiting the app store.
- HostPapa: Looking for a powerful web hosting solution and cloud-based productivity tools for your business? Use promo code FIRE to save 15% off their shared web hosting packages!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:08] – Sarah lives in Seattle, and is “a recovering perfectionist.”
- [01:22] – She has an ambitious five-year-old and is married to an entrepreneur.
- [02:00] – How do you generate revenue in your business? – Primarily through High Level Masterminds.
- [03:10] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Sarah started as an entrepreneur.
- [03:35] – She went into the corporate space and climbed to the top.
- [03:55] – She “had it all.”
- [04:06] – She was fast-moving and super successful.
- [04:17] – But her health was falling apart.
- [04:33] – Her worst moment made her realized she really didn’t have it all.
- [05:07] – She had been inauthentic and had been trying to prove herself.
- [05:24] – It wasn’t what she truly wanted.
- [05:35] – What would you say to yourself looking back? – During the darkest moments, she didn’t know how to do business in any other way.
- [07:31] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: The first time she had a $100,000 month.
- [08:20] – She went back to the entrepreneurial life, and didn’t have that high of a goal financially.
- [08:43] – It was a moment of really having it all and having true success.
- [09:00] – She was using her strengths to help others and impact the world.
- [09:24] – She had space to create and she had better health.
- [09:42] – She led a business that was “strength based.”
- [10:05] – “The financial flow just kept coming.”
- [10:19] – What was the one key lever that you pulled that got the six figures in one month? – “Operating from my strengths and delegating everything else.”
- [10:47] – Focus on where you truly shine.
- [11:08] – Biggest weakness? – A visionary brain and a constant flow of ideas.
- [12:34] – Biggest strength? – Thinking like a CEO.
- [12:55] – She knew she didn’t have to do it alone.
- [13:40] – What has Sarah most fired up today? – The evolution of one of her masterminds.
- [17:23] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Recreating self and redefining success.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – If you don’t love every minute of your life, change it.
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Creating white space, where nothing is on the schedule.
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Basecamp
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – First, Break All the Rules
- Imagine you woke up in a brand new world, and all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – Start live streaming “like a madwoman.”
- Parting piece of advice –Commit to leading now. The world needs brilliant leaders now more than ever.
- [21:38] – Soulpowered.com/fire for a free guide on how to hire your dream team.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!