From the farm to Wall Street and back. Scott has lived a most unorthodox life from welding farm equipment for his dad to working in the top financial markets in the world to farming and developing financial software for farms. He is now helping the common farmer run their farm like a fortune 500 company through his software and coaching programs.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- TD Ameritrade – Scott’s small business resource
- Sam Walton: Made in America and The Way of The Superior Man – Scott’s top Business Books
- Cash Cow Farmer – Scott’s website
- Scott’s email
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Focus on your strengths and get people to make up for your weaknesses.
- You’re the only thing that’s holding yourself back.
- Be humble and set reasonable expectations.
- HP Computers: Visit to hp.com/onfire and enter code fire at checkout for 30% off select HP Products!
- M1 Finance: If you’re looking for an online broker who will let you customize and automate your investments, visit m1finance.com/fire and get 6 months of service for free!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:06] – Scott became a dad at 19 and that’s what makes him do the grind
- [02:27] – Value Bomb Drop: Focus on your strengths and outsource your weaknesses. And time spent on financial planning is directly related to how wealthy you’ll be
- 04:42 – Mint is a great resource for your financials
- [05:12] – You have to arm yourself for success
- [05:53] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: I hired one of my best friends and he became depressed and left. Now, we don’t talk anymore
- [07:34] – Make sure your expectations are reasonable
- [07:56] – Be a humble leader
- [08:39] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When I was in college and got a ticket to Warren Buffett and Bill Gates’ Q&A
- [10:40] – Scott started trading stocks
- [11:05] – He moved to New York and worked on Wall Street
- [11:17] – The only thing holding you back is yourself
- [12:08] – Give yourself permission
- [12:44] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Agriculture of revolution
- [14:01] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Nothing but currently, fear of failure and embarrassment
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Don’t give advice
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Having several mentors and I read a book every week
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – TD Ameritrade
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Sam Walton: Made in America and The Way of The Superior Man
- [19:37] – Read and read
- 19:52 – Connect with Scott via email!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!