Scott founded MyCoachingOnPurpose.com and is coaching small, faith-based Non-Governmental’s who need the same liberation and cannot afford it.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Google Drive – Scott’s small business resource
- The Checklist Manifesto – Scott’s top business book
- Four Steps To Business Freedom – Scott’s coaching course
3 Key Points:
- Do things that don’t scale: connect, talk, coach personally
- Whatever you do locally, find a way to do it globally
- Take ownership. Accept the negative things and failures in your life, learn from them, and move on.
- Citi cards with Android Pay: A super fast way to pay! Download the Android Pay app on Google Play or visit Citi.com/androidpay to get started. (Android Pay is available for eligible Citi consumer credit and debit cards.)
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
- Magoosh: Top-quality online lesson videos and practice questions that will help you prep for your next test! Visit Magoosh.com and enter promo code FIRE to get 20% off!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:40] – Scott’s been married for 18 years and has 3 kids
- 02:31 – Scott generates revenue through My Business on Purpose in 3 ways
- [02:55] – Offers one-on-one coaching, group coaching, and online products
- [05:04] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When the church he’d planted collapsed
- [08:41] – Take responsibility for the things that happen in your life
- [09:31] – Take ownership of your failures and move on
- [09:46] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Being called to help small businesses
- [12:58] – Surround yourself with the right people
- [13:35] – Cultivate chain reactions – get closer to people
- [14:44] – Biggest weakness? – “Listening to the negative voices in my head”
- [15:25] – Biggest strength? – “I help people uncover the things they can’t see”
- [16:16] – What has Scott most fired up today? “Launching the next part of our group coaching”
- [19:19] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I was focused on significance – I wasn’t letting myself have success.”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Whatever you do locally, do it globally; whatever you do globally; do it locally.”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I answer emails on Sunday night, and I pray and read the Bible on Monday morning”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Google Drive
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Checklist Manifesto
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – “I would find 10 other guys who would take our 4 steps to business freedom platform, take over the URL, and start coaching. Then I would take Ashley and the kids, sign up for as many air points as I could, and start coaching in a different city each day.”
- [25:39] – Parting piece of guidance: “Articulate your vision.”
- 26:00 – Connect with Scott at Four Steps To Business Freedom
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!