Tim & Tarryn have built a niche site from the ground up and have used this success to encourage other families to break free of the 9-5. They want to see families living with intention and beyond the norm.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Family Without Limits – Tim and Tarryn’s podcast
- HowtoFascinate.com – Sally Hogshead’s assessment
- The Miracle Morning, by Hal Elrod, their book recommendation
- Zapier – Tim and Tarryn’s favorite resource to configure automated systems.
- Tim and Tarryn’s website
3 Key Points:
- Get into a business that supports your goals with your family.
- Sometimes you find the most success when you are forced outside of your comfort zone.
- Don’t let your environment stop you from finding financial success.
- SquareSpace: When you decide to sign up for SquareSpace, make sure to use the promo code FIRE to get 10% off your first purchase!
- Qualaroo: Start engaging with your customers in real-time, collect valuable insights, and increase conversions. Sign up today and get your first 2 weeks of service free!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:11] – They got to the point where they wanted something more in life.
- [01:32] – They decided to pack up everything and move to the English countryside.
- [01:51] – They could have gotten a lower paying job or they could start an online business.
- [02:08] – Their business enables their lifestyle.
- [02:31] – What’s the deal with Costa Rica?
- [03:35] – How do you generate revenue?
- [03:55] – Tim was always entrepreneurial. He came across PTOS.
- [04:35] – They thought Tarryn could be a voice of encouragement to women.
- [05:35] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Reusable diapers
- [07:23] – What did you learn from that? – Research the market. A physical-cased product requires a big investment. Choose your battles.
- [08:27] – You have to find mentors for your business.
- [09:23] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: We had a tax bill to pay and had to find a way to pay it.
- [10:37] – In a matter of twenty minutes, they had made about $2000
- [11:29] – “There are things that you want to do in business and then there are things that you have to do.”
- [12:11] – “The magic happens outside of your comfort zone.”
- [12:33] – Biggest weakness? – For Tim, not outsourcing enough. For Tarryn, she focuses too much on the details.”
- [13:21] – Biggest strengths? – They complement each other.
- [13:49] – Working with your partner is not for everyone.
- 14:18 – Sally Hogshead, HowtoFascinate.com, talks about different archetypes in couples.
- 15:06 – What has Tim and Tarryn most fired up today? – Their podcast, Family Without Limits
- [15:34] – They encourage families to go beyond the norm.
- [18:02] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “confidence and self-doubt.”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Keep going and keep pushing.
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Miracle Mornings: Time for personal development in the morning.
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire – Zapier
- If you could recommend one book, what would it be and why? – The Miracle Morning, by Hal Elrod
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? –Travel and meet young families. We would invest in other people and lend a helping hand.
- 21:27 – Parting piece of guidance and how to reach you? – Familywithoutlimits.com or timpoulton.com. “Wherever you are, just keep pushing…. Don’t give up.”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!
Subscribe to EOFire!