Selena Soo is a publicity and marketing strategist for visionary entrepreneurs, experts and authors who want to reach millions with their message. Register for Selena’s FREE training here!
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Selena Soo – Selena’s website
Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow, & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Word-of-mouth and referrals is the fastest way to build instant credibility.
2) An important message to share is enough reason to take the leap.
3) National TV is not always the best publicity — the best would depend on which audience you’re targeting.
Right Networks: Helps entrepreneurs securely transition applications like QuickBooks Desktop or Microsoft Office to the cloud. To learn more give Right Networks a call at 888-469-5905. And for a special 10% discount mention “Entrepreneurs On Fire” before May 1, 2018!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:47] – Selena’s business idea started in her mid-20’s during her quarter life crisis
[00:58] – She found herself in a women’s life coaching group where she got exposed to amazing thought leaders
[01:09] – She also got introduced to a pool of online entrepreneurs; it became her mission to elevate these people and get their message across the globe
[01:35] – Selena lives in New York City
[02:29] – Her area of expertise is in helping brands become household names through publicity and connecting with influencers
[03:56] – Word-of-mouth is a powerful tool in publicity
[04:41] – “It’s the fastest way to build instant credibility”
[05:21] – Selena shares a story of her own mindset blocks
[06:34] – “We are always our own worst critics”
[06:53] – The only way to get better at something is to do it
[07:24] – Having valuable information to share is enough to take the leap
[09:24] – Understanding the right order of getting the right publicity
- Focus on guest posts
- Look into podcasts
- Condense your ideas in magazines
- The next step is getting on TV
[12:45] – JLD talks about how his Entrepreneurs On Fire interview helped Jay Samit get more publicity
[13:45] – Pursuing media like podcasts can sometimes be more powerful than national TV
[14:01] – National TV has a reach of millions, but these people might not be your target audience
[15:30] – Structuring an Effective Pitch
- Subject line
- Start with a warm connection
- Briefly introduce yourself
- Share your story ideas
- Let them know you’re open for new story ideas and/or brainstorming
- Link any media hits if you have any
[21:07] – Selena talks about leveraging publicity
- Be consistent with your communication
[22:46] – The content you already have could be used to help nurture leads in a deep way
[23:01] – Always include your best publicity in your email nurture sequence
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!