Steve has spent the last 10 years unlocking human potential and training thousands of people all over the world. He is a proud new father and zealous entrepreneur.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Fiverr – Steven’s small business resource
The Age of the Unthinkable – Steven’s Top Business Book
21Mill – Steven’s website
Connect with Steve via email
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE courses for you!
The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) How you present yourself to the world has a big impact on your credibility.
2) The amount of revenue your bring in does NOT matter – the number you get to KEEP is what matters.
3) Continue learning and turn what you learn into action.
DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:56] – Steven’s entrepreneurial journey started in 2011 when he turned a $3,000 investment into a $3M global consulting company
01:12 – This past year, he launched his second company called 21Mill
[01:21] – At the present time, he’s been hardcore “adulting”
[01:58] – Steven specializes in being “electromagnetic”: getting people excited about the things he’s excited about
[03:37] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: How you are seen by the world matters because it plays an important role in the way people assess your credibility
[04:45] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Steven’s primary business felt a painful shift in the market in 2015: it lost 60% of its revenue overnight. In 2016, they made under a million dollars in revenue vs. the $3.7 million they made two years prior. Last December, Steven started looking for jobs because all they had left in the bank was $40K
[07:14] – Their revenue for this year will bring in more profit than they’ve ever had
- “It’s not about how much revenue you generate, it’s about what you keep”
08:16 – JLD recommends reading Profit First
[08:54] – “Be mindful of active learning”
[10:04] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Two years ago, Steven had an idea that was based on a conversation he had with a client regarding millennials in the workplace. Steven took his idea, researched all things around training millennials, and found barely any resources for it. So, he rallied four entrepreneurs to help him build a business around it
[12:56] – Be mindful of what you’re learning and turn that into action
[13:22] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Training young people, training millennials”
[16:24] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I don’t know if there was ever anything holding me back”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Be self-motivated”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Active listening”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Fiverr
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Age of the Unthinkable – “it does a good job of taking successful people through history and walking through how they were able to change history”
21:51 – Connect with Steve on his email
22:01 – Continue to sharpen the saw and if you want to continue learning, go to 21Mill.com/fire
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!