After earning his MBA, Tony Drockton, an entrepreneur at heart, spent over a decade building successful businesses in construction, real estate, and home finance sectors before deciding to indulge his creative passions by taking the reins of Hammitt in 2008. Tony’s vision and leadership has seen Hammitt’s transformation from a best-kept hometown secret to a digital and retail phenomenon.
Hammitt – Handbags Designed To Last Forever.
Invest Now – Hammit: The future of American Luxury.
Going Public on Entrepreneur.com – Watch the stream on Entreprenuer.com!
Going Public – A groundbreaking new series where viewers can Click-to-Invest while they watch.
3 Value Bombs
1) Success is all about the relationships, it is never about the money.
2) Rock, paper, scissors should settle all disagreements.
3) If you can’t match your passion with the hard work and the commitment that will always bring you money, then you’re probably either not gonna be happy or you’re gonna lose the money.
Thought-Leader: Feel like you have a message inside you waiting to be shared with the world? The team at Thought-Leader has a FREE training to help you get your message onto the world’s biggest stage where it belongs: TEDx! Visit Thought-Leader.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Future of American Luxury with Tony Drockton
[1:30] – Tony shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- Most people believe that if they would have had capital, or they had more in the middle or at the end, they could have been successful. Completely false.
- Success is all about the relationship, it is not about the money.
[2:24] – General background on Tony
- Tony was born in Cleveland, and was raised in a small grocery.
- His dad thought him the basics of success.
[3:09] – Define Hammitt (the brand, the company and its mission).
- Hammitt – a luxury brand focused on hand bags.
- Now Hammit is bringing luxury to America using the highest quality product.
- Hammitt’s Lifetime Promise – We take care of every customer who touches a Hammitt bag. A true lifetime relationship.
[5:03] – Explain what makes Hammitt stand out in a crowd?
- Hammitt knows the difference between a relationship and a transaction. They build relationships.
- They focus in on one specific category.
- They focus on brand equity.
[8:31] – You pride yourself on a tech-forward user experience. Can you tell us more about that?
- Hammitt is all about tech.
- They offer a “try before you buy” option to customers. They added video styling even before the pandemic.
[12:53] – If you could give one piece of advice to a new business owner or founder, what would it be?
- Rock, paper, scissors should settle all disagreements.
- Most people believe that you have to be the best at what you do to be successful. You just have to be better than the current market leader.
[15:34] – What drew you to RegA+ fundraising – why not take a more traditional route?
- They went there because it releases them from focusing on the short-term metrics.
- Crowdfunding allows them to invest in the long term.
- RegA+ is the highest level of crowdfunding – the highest quality private investment that anybody can do.
- Customers who become crowdfunding investors are twice as engaged and they almost double the lifetime value of all other cohorts.
[17:49] – The Going Public docu series – tell us more!
- Content creators are now ruling the internet.
- The Going Public docu series is like a reality show; people can invest right alongside sharks.
[19:05] – Tony’s call to action.
- Going Public – A groundbreaking new series where viewers can Click-to-Invest while they watch.
- Going Public on Entrepreneur.com – Watch the stream on Entreprenuer.com
- Invest Now – Hammit: The future of American Luxury.
[19:21] – Tony’s key take away.
- If you can’t match your passion with the hard work and the commitment that will always bring you money, then you’re probably either not gonna be happy or you’re gonna lose the money.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!