Travis is a direct sales expert who has built teams for several sales organizations over a few different industries and is also active in the real estate market. More recently, he decided to pursue his passion of helping others and founded Build Your Network, a podcast dedicated to helping professionals grow their inner circle.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Zoom – Travis’s Business Resource
- The Closer’s Survival Guide – Travis’s top business book
- Revive Water – Travis’ other business
- Connect with Travis on his website or Facebook
- Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow, & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- Build Your Network – Travis’s podcast
3 Key Points:
- Learn the skill of selling. If you are naturally good at it, get better. If you are not naturally good at it, get better anyway.
- Entrepreneurship is tough and there is a lot of failure to be had so prepare yourself.
- You network is your net worth
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [02:58] – Travis’ expertise is in door-to-door retail and in-home sales
- [04:51] – “Learn the skills of selling. If you are naturally good at it, get better. If you are not naturally good at it, get better”.
- [05:22] – Without sales there is no business
- [05:39] – Don’t quit your job to jump full-time into entrepreneurship
- [06:14] – If you are working in a full-time job, which is not in sales, then switch to a sales job
- [07:15] – Worst Entrepreneurial moment: Travis’s worst moment was in the middle of 2015 when he realized he could not continue being a door-to-door salesman, and that he had to make a career move. He considered various career alternatives and applied to several jobs that he thought he was well-qualified for. However, he did not get a single job. He was totally directionless and broken.
- [09:39] – “Never shy away from personal development”
- [11:49] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA moment: In the midst of personal tragedy and turmoil, Travis had a record-breaking week in sales. That’s when he truly understood the meaning of the word “unemployable” and that was his biggest AH-HA moment.
- 15:39 – What are you most fired up about right now? “Giving Back” through his company Revive and his podcast, Build Your Network
- [18:51] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The fear of not being good enough”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “There are two types of people. Those who produce excuses and those who produce results.”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Networking on purpose”.
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Zoom
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Closer’s Survival Guide
- [19:15] – Your network is your net worth
- 20:00 – Connect with Travis on his website or Facebook
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!