The bestseller Pitch Anything propelled Oren into national recognition, and he is approached by fans daily on the street, while driving to work, or while riding the elevator. He’s adding to the tens of thousands of “thank you, this stuff really works!” emails. He often keynotes Wall Street events, and recently replaced Richard Branson as the keynote speaker for Entrepreneur.com.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Pitch Anything – Oren’s book
- PitchAnything.com – Subscribe to Oren’s list and find out when his second book is coming out!
3 Key Points:
- Make your impact in the first two minutes of every presentation.
- Don’t start your pitch with solutions until the problem is made clear to your audience.
- Don’t open by building rapport – it gives the impression of looking for a safe place to start your presentation.
- Billy Gene Is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene wants to send you something in the mail! It’s small, blackish, and if used properly it might deliver some serious R O I. For the next 100 listeners who go to CopyOurAds.com, Billy Gene is going to mail you his best performing Facebook funnels for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
- Gusto: Gusto makes payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses! And right now Gusto is offering Fire Nation an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today and you’ll get 3 months FREE once you run your first payroll! Visit Gusto.com/fire to sign up today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 01:22 – Pitch Anything changed the way this generation goes into meetings
- 02:03 – Oren was on episode 458 of Entrepreneurs On Fire
- [02:46] – His area of expertise is in helping individuals and companies prepare for meetings in high-stakes pitch situations
- [03:53] – Closing may not happen in the end
- [05:01] – Your behaviors today come from your ancestors
- [06:19] – You have to do something to get people’s attention from the overwhelm of all the social interactions around them
- [07:02] – The most important artillery is wasted in the first 2 minutes
- [08:37] – In ancient times, people had to be hyper-vigilant
- [09:15] – Information about change is what stops a person from moving
- [09:41] – If a person’s status goes down to the bottom 25%, they most likely won’t make it through the year
- [12:03] – “Every single product can be put into the context of the social hierarchy”
- [13:30] – You’re missing out on a lot if you’re not writing the first 500-words down
- [14:35] – The biggest mistake is opening up a pitch by trying to build rapport
- [16:55] – “Jokes should be funny!”
- [18:29] – Have a sequence of things to talk about that fits your audience
- [20:10] – Every company, project, and idea has the same sections, but how you organize these sections is your secret code
- [21:09] – Oren shares an elaborate example of sequencing
- [21:51] – Don’t start off with solutions in a presentation until the problem has been stated
- [22:43] – Dwell on the problems you know about and how you’re different from the other providers
- [24:18] – Oren’s new book has a working title: The User’s Guide to Power
- [25:15] – Identify the things in life you can control and the things you cannot
- 26:10 – Go to PitchAnything.com and subscribe to Oren’s list to find out when his second book is coming out!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!